Friday, September 14, 2012

Sation Swatches Spam!

Oh no, I did what I told myself I wouldn't...buy more Sation polishes! I saw them on Transdesign at a reduced price and I couldn't resist. They even had colors from the new Nailstock collection, too!

Beware this post is very picture-heavy, so bear with me :P

Click "read more" to see the 8 polishes!





Sation Teacher's Pet
Sation Teacher's Pet

Sation Teacher's Pet
Sation Teacher's Pet
First up is Teacher's Pet, a light pink creme! This is from their school-themed collection and it reminds me of China Glaze Something Sweet! The formula was pretty good on this, 3 semi-thin coats of full opacity. I have a million and one different light pinks and I never get tired of them!

Sation Prettiest Player
Sation Prettiest Player

Sation Prettiest Player
Sation Prettiest Player
Prettiest Player contains silver and purple micro glitter and multicolored hex glitters, all in a clear base. I used 1 coat of Prettiest Player over Teacher's Pet; I like the combo! Prettiest Player had a pretty good formula. I didn't have too hard of a time getting the multicolor glitters onto the nails. This is also from Sation's school-themed collection.

Sation Love at First Lavender
Sation Love at First Lavender

Sation Love at First Lavender
Sation Love at First Lavender
Love at First Lavender (how can you resist a name like that!?) is an ultra bright purple-pink creme! I used 2-3 coats (depending on the nail) for full opacity. In the name it references that this shade is lavender, but I don't think it is haha. It leans way too pink to be that! The formula was okay, a little more streaky, but I worked with it!


Sation Sun Workship-her
Sation Sun Workship-her

Sation Sun Workship-her
Sation Sun Workship-her
Sun Worship-her is a bright orange poppy creme! During the application of the first coat, I was convinced this polish was a jelly- sheer and super shiny! After the second coat it was completely opaque! I thoroughly enjoy this shade...I think it'll be great for next spring and summer! This is from the Little Horse on the Prairie collection!


Sation Prairie Fairy
Sation Prairie Fairy

Sation Prairie Fairy
Sation Prairie Fairy
Prairie Fairy is an orange-leaning nude creme. I am a little sad about this one, only because I don't think it looks that great against my skintone. I saw swatches online and thought it'd be a great nude to own, but it's way more orange than I thought. Maybe I can use it for some layering! This is also from Little Horse on the Prairie!

Sation Gimme Jimi
Sation Gimme Jimi
Gimme Jimi is supposed to be a blue/purple/gray duochrome with blueish glitters. Notice how I say supposed to be- the duochrome didn't translate onto the nails! The glitter was completely engulfed in the polish and looked a little out of place. This color was a flop for me. When I saw it online, I couldn't even tell what it was, so it was a complete surprise. It's from the recent Nailstock collection!

Sation Imagine-Sation
Sation Imagine-Sation

Sation Imagine-Sation
Sation Imagine-Sation
Imagine-Sation is a stunning wine creme!!! This polish was very easy to work with and has been the best dark wine color I've tried in a while! It's thicker than a lot of Essie's wine reds, which I like. It required zero cleanup too! This is also from the Nailstock collection. I suggest you check this one out for sure!

Sation Holiday Spirit
Sation Holiday Spirit

Sation Holiday Spirit
Sation Holiday Spirit

Sation Holiday Spirit
Sation Holiday Spirit
Holiday Spirit has blue, red and silver sparkles in a gray-tinted base, but they flash lots of colors in the sunlight (as seen in photo #3). I really enjoyed this polish! It looked nice layered over Imagine-Sation! I used two coats over the underwear, just to get a lot of glitter on the nail! This is from their older collections from before the "new sation" was released. 

What do you think of these colors?
-Shelby





6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! I LOVE Love at first lavender! What a beautiful color! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sun Workship-her !! Great swatches Shelby !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dark wine is stunning! I love the glitter you used over it. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's my fav polish from the bunch and I like it with the glitter, too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)