Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Essie Stylenomics Collection Swatches

Good evening! Essie recently came out with their fall line: Stylenomics. I thought some of the colors were nice, but they looked like colors I owned or have seen before, so instead of buying full-sized bottles, I bought a cube of 4 minis. The set included Don't Sweater It, Stylenomics, Head Mistress and Skirting the Issue!


Below I did 2 coats of each color. I apologize for the last 2 photos; my light box wasn't cooperating!


Essie Don't Sweater It
Essie Don't Sweater It
 Don't Sweater It is a light brown creme with a tinge of gray in it. I didn't really like the formula of this, unfortunately. I figured it'd be the best, considering the other 3 are darker shades, but I was wrong! I like this color, but I feel like its been done a million times and the formula turned me off a bit. I probably will use it, though.

Essie Stylenomics
Essie Stylenomics
Stylenomics, the namesake of the collection, is a dark green/teal, almost black creme. The formula on this was pretty good! A little thick, but manageable :). I don't really wear black polish, so I'm not sure how often I'll wear this, but I like it nonetheless!


Essie Head Mistress
Essie Head Mistress

Head Mistress is a sheer, red creme. I was least excited about this shade, but it is my favorite out of the 4! The formula was thin, but still great for a red! I will definitely be wearing this during the fall :) This reminds me of last year's Size Matters, also by Essie!

Essie Skirting the issue
Essie Skirting the Issue

 Skirting the Issue is a sheer, wine creme. This was my second favorite of the bunch! The formula was also thin like the last polish, but very workable!

What do you think of this collection?
-Shelby



14 comments:

  1. fall colors! I love these :) thank you for sharing!
    Please visit my blog, too:) I'mm now, and I post nails and beauty products as well!

    saranail.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara!

      please don't post links here, though, thanks!

      Delete
  2. I see what you mean, they don't blow me away with originality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of the same colors this fall! Still okay polishes, though

      Delete
  3. I *almost* picked up Stylenomics, but I'm going to have to pass on it now since it looks too dark! I love all the others though! Great swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I'm not a huge fan of super dark colors, so I'm glad I didn't get a full-size of that color!

      Delete
  4. These are great fall colors. My favorite is stylenomics, but I'm partial to dark colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big fan of black polish, but when I saw my trainer wesring "Stylenomics", I liked it. Then she told me thatit was really a dark green. Since then, I bought it for myself. i like it as a base for a couple of green glitters that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a big fan of black polish, but when I saw my trainer wesring "Stylenomics", I liked it. Then she told me thatit was really a dark green. Since then, I bought it for myself. i like it as a base for a couple of green glitters that I have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)