Tuesday, September 4, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 6: Violet

Good morning! As you can tell by the title, today's theme is violet! I'm a huge fan of purple so I was excited for this challenge day. I was inspired by a purple gradient on another blog, so I thought I would recreate it in a sense for my post!

I used 2 Nubar glitters: Petunia Sparkle & Violet Sparkle (how fitting for "violet" day!)

Below I did 2 coats of Petunia Sparkle and 1 sponged on 1 coat of Violet Sparkle


Nubar Violet Sparkle
Nubar Petunia Sparkle & Violet Sparkle

Nubar Violet Sparkle
Nubar Petunia Sparkle & Violet Sparkle

Nubar Violet Sparkle
Nubar Petunia Sparkle & Violet Sparkle


Nubar Violet Sparkle
Nubar Petunia Sparkle & Violet Sparkle
Petunia Sparkle is a gorgeous pinky-purple glitter & Violet Sparkle is a violet glitter! Both have the same formula. They're both extremely gritty and would need several coats of topcoat to smooth it out! Nonetheless, I think both are spectacular. The photos do not do them justice; I tried to capture a bit of the sparkle in photo #3 (though it's out of focus). 

What do you think of my violet challenge day mani?
-Shelby


Check out the other participants:





Diana at Nails By Diana

Meredith at Perfectly Polished
Sam at Polished Art
Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
Liz and Lisa at Lozlosa 
Mari at Nailista 
Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
Nicole at The Color Republic
Gini at Sassy Paints
Mandy at Chameleon Stampede


17 comments:

  1. Oooo I love glitter gradients! And you picked two colors that look great together, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gradient. It looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely beautiful mani!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It's purple, what's more to say! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome love the gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry I'm late commenting! This is insanely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I never thought of doing a gradient with glitter. Now I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)