Sunday, September 9, 2012

Comparison: China Glaze Tinsel Town & Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock

Hello again, ladies! I'm excited to show you 2 identical dupes I found in my stash recently: China Glaze Tinsel Town and Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock. I actually bought both recently, I guess I am attracted to the same shades at different times!

I thought I'd share my discovery with you guys because I'm not sure how easy Tinsel Town is to find (it's from last year's or the year before's holiday collection), but Glamrock is readily available. With the holidays getting nearer, you may want a shade like this! Nina Ultra Pro recently redid their packaging. Their brush is now wider, like the Wet n' Wild brush, while the China Glaze brush remains the same. China Glaze ranges from $5-$8 and Nina Ultra Pro is $4 and some change at Sally's! Hope you enjoy!

Below I did 2 coats of each polish and 1 coat of topcoat! Glamrock is pointer and ring, Tinsel Town is middle and pinky!

Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
China Glaze Tinsel Town
Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock


Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
China Glaze Tinsel Town
Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
Glamrock and Tinsel Town have small and medium sized silver glitter, which sometimes flash blue, in a charcoal, dark gray base. Both colors have great formulas and didn't give me any issues!

Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
China Glaze Tinsel Town
Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
In this photo you can see they equally sparkle in the sunlight!

Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
China Glaze Tinsel Town
Nina Ultra Pro Glamrock
 Here's the contrast of the silver glitters in the dark base. Both polishes have relatively the same amount of both sized glitters.

I hope this was helpful!
-Shelby



7 comments:

  1. These are both pretty but I think i prefer the tinsel town! It looks a tad lighter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In person there is no color difference, but I definitely like Tinsel Town, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely have to add one of these to my collection! Very holiday appropriate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both and it's good to know there's a cheaper option out there. Great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great comparison. Both are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)