Wednesday, September 19, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 11: Polka Dots

Good afternoon! Today's challenge theme is polka dots, which I adore, but I feel like I've done polka dots quite a few times; I decided to do an untraditional polka dot manicure with one of my jumbo cheeky plates!

Below I used 3 coats of Color Club Super Saturday Teal (part of a duo for ovarian cancer awareness) and China Glaze Awaken (part of the Romantique collection) with Cheeky jumbo plate "B"!

Color Club Super Saturday Teal
Color Club Super Saturday Teal


Even though Super Saturday Teal required 3 coats, it gave me no problems and had a wonderful consistency! I've heard great things about China Glaze Romantique collection in conjunction with stamping, all of which I feel are true due to Awaken! Awaken was awesome for stamping and I adore how this looks! These don't look like traditional polka dots, but I'm okay with that :)


I've also decided to go on a no-buy for quite a while! I'm starting my college classes next week and a college student needs to budget! For now I'm going to focus my funds on school-related things. Also my birthday is next month, so if I get any b-day money or something, that could be my treat to buy nail polish :). 

What do you think of this polka dot mani?
-Shelby


Check out the other participants:



12 comments:

  1. Fun circles! I feel like I have this plate somewhere but I'm honestly not sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great plate; you should find it or buy it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the CC Super Sat Teal !! Great stamping skill there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really like this teal too, great for fall and winter!

      Delete
  3. Love that teal! Wow! Very pretty polka mani, Shelby!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teal is a gorgeous colour and really suits you. I recently wore a mani with a circular design and loved it. Your stamping is really neat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like teal and I like circular designs, so this was a great combo to merge the 2 :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)