Sunday, September 2, 2012

Funky French: China Glaze Exotic Encounters & Sally Hansen Black Out

Good afternoon! Today I decided to attempt Nailside's lightning bolt french manicure! I don't think I quite have it down like she does, but I like the outcome even if it's a little different than the original :P.

I used 1 coat of China Glaze Exotic Encounters as a base and Sally Hansen Black Out for the tips!

China Glaze Exotic Encounters
China Glaze Exotic Encounters
Sally Hansen Black Out
China Glaze Exotic Encounters
China Glaze Exotic Encounters
Sally Hansen Black Out 
Exotic Encounters is an opaque, teal creme! It was a great base for this mani since it only required 1 coat! I never wear black for a full mani, so I like the black detail on the tips. Adds just the right amount of edge :). Black Out was a little thick for my taste, but I guess I just need to experiment with black polishes!

What do you think of this mani?
-Shelby


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! You're right, it does. I didn't notice until now!

      Delete
  2. I love this design! Exotic Encounters is such a perfect teal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really gorgeous!! :D I should have gotten Exotic Encounters while I still had the chance. *sigh!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you happen to find it, make sure you use a good base coat; it stains like no other!

      Delete
  4. I'm really impressed with your straight lines! Such a cool edgy look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't have the easiest time with this :P

      Delete
  5. Love it! The teal with the black go really well together! I'm still searching for the perfect black polish! The ones I have are too thick too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! Let me know if you find a good black :P

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)