Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Day Challenge, Day 18: Half Moons

Hello! Today's challenge is half moons, which was kinda hard for me, considering I don't have rounded tape guides! I saw someone do a "necklace" manicure and I thought it'd work great for the challenge!

What I used:
Essie Lapis of Luxury
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes

Essie Lapis of Luxury
Essie Lapis of Luxury
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes

Essie Lapis of Luxury
Essie Lapis of Luxury
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes
I like this alternative for a half moon mani! Lapis of Luxury is gorgeous- a little sheer, but 2 careful coats will make it opaque. I like My Boyfriend Scales Walls because it's not stark white, so it's perfect for detailing! It also went well with Silver Mercedes! :)

What do you think of this mani?
-Shelby


Check out the other lovely ladies:




21 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites, hand down. It reminds me of dainty princess coronets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I saw that other necklace one too...love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! I really liked the necklace mani, she did an amazing job!

      Delete
  3. I just use reinforcement stickers to do my half moon manis. Those round stickers to protect or repair notebook paper holes. There's a tutorial in my blog in case you want to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to use those! Unfortunately I had a super busy schedule will classes yesterday and didn't have time to go searching for them haha

      Delete
  4. This looks simple !! but pretty! good job :)
    -saranail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this mani !! So delicate looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is so pretty! Your dots remind me of pearls! Love it :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! Now that you mention it, they remind me of those too :)

      Delete
  7. such a pretty idea!! It makes me think of like delicate tiaras sort of, and I love it. Plus Lapis of Luxury is a beautiful blue shade. I will have to test this out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! It's totally jewelry for your nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg thats the most unique half moon i've seen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lapis of Luxury is such a gorgeous shade, I'll have to get it on day <3
    nice manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should consider adding it to your collection :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)