Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Vintage Sally Hansen Hot Sauce

Good morning! A week or so ago I saw a vintage Sally Hansen on a nail blog (sorry can't remember which) and I needed the polish! I looked on eBay and low and behold....a set of 2 was $5. Score! What is this vintage Sally Hansen you ask? Hot Sauce! I put it on and was so impressed that I had to show you :)

Below I did 2 coats of Hot Sauce and a coat of Out the Door!


Sally Hansen Hot Sauce
Sally Hansen Hot Sauce
Sally Hansen Hot Sauce
Sally Hansen Hot Sauce

Sally Hansen Hot Sauce
Sally Hansen Hot Sauce

Sally Hansen Hot Sauce
Sally Hansen Hot Sauce
Hot Sauce is a gorgeous fiery, tomato red with gold shimmers running throughout! For a red, this had almost no cleanup, which surprised the heck out of me! For being who knows how old (1990s?), the formula was awesome and I couldn't be happier. I used 2 coats for full opacity, didn't need anymore than that! This could be great for summer, fall, holiday season, all that jazz! The only downfall this polish may have is that the handle is so long it can't stand straight up in my helmer!

What do you think of Hot Sauce? Do you have any vintage polishes?
-Shelby


4 comments:

  1. That red looks amazing on you! I might have to start stalking ebay now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my! that bottle sure looks "vintage" LOL)) Maybe late 90's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right! I'm guessing around 1997 or something! I like it none the less though!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)