Thursday, August 16, 2012

Shimmer Polish Karen Gradient Nails

Happy Thursday! I hope everyone's day is going well so far; I am in a good mood because today is a special day for my boyfriend and me! :). Today I decided to finally try gradient nails! I also added some glitter to spice it up. Next time I am definitely using tape around my nails if I do glitter...it wouldn't come off my fingers no matter what I did!

I started off with my previous manicure from yesterday (2 coats Sephora by OPI It's Hippo to Be Square & 1 coat Sally Hansen Insta-Dri). Then I sponged on OPI Funky Dunkey and Shimmer Polish Karen! I like the look I achieved, but next time I may just try using 3 different non-glitter shades for practice :).

shimmer polish karen
SOPI It's Hippo to Be Square
OPI Funky Dunkey
Shimmer Karen

Shimmer polish karen
SOPI It's Hippo to Be Square
OPI Funky Dunkey
Shimmer Karen

shimmer polish karen
SOPI It's Hippo to Be Square
OPI Funky Dunkey
Shimmer Karen
I didn't have a good warm-tone purple glitter, so I went with Karen, a predominantly pinky-purple and silver glitter with some blue and purple glitter mixed in. Karen gave me a hard time with cleanup; the glitter refused to unstick, even with pure acetone. Funky Dunkey, on the other hand, didn't give me any problems. Since it was quite a bit darker than the SOPI color, it was hard to blend. I think with practice I will become better at doing these types of manicures! :)

I hope you guys enjoyed!
Until next time,
-Shelby


9 comments:

  1. This glitter looks awesome here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is your color! This color looks so good on you and the sparkles look cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's funny you say that! Purple (light purple) is my favorite color!!

      Delete
  3. It's perfect, :) Where in Cali did you grow up if you don't mind me asking. I grew up in Mission Viejo, which is in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)