Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fishtail Manicure!

Hello! Today I was browsing blogs and I saw someone make a post about a nail tutorial they tried, which was originally from another blog. It is called a "fishtail" manicure, which I think is a cute name for it! It was my first try, so it didn't go the way I wanted to, but I thought I'd share anyways!

You can find the original tutorial with step-by-step instructions (with photos) here!

I used all Sally Hansen polishes for this nail art! I used Sally Hansen because the extreme wears have smaller brushes and I wanted to make it easier for myself :P I used Mint Sorbet, Celeb City and Lacey Lilac!


Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Celeb City, Lacey Lilac
Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet, Celeb City, Lacey Lilac
I like the idea of this manicure and hopefully I will do a better job the second time around! I like how I did pastel shades (& my boyfriend likes mint shades on my nails), but next time I think I'll do the darkest color as my base and use lighter colors for the striping.

I hope you guys enjoyed!
-Shelby



7 comments:

  1. LOVE the fishtail! I really like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great! :) I have not been brave enough to try it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It's actually not too bad, just the cleanup is a pain in the a** haha. You should try it soon & I'll be sure to keep my eye out :)

      Delete
  3. Love the color combo on this one! I like how you said your boyfriend likes mint colors...my boyfriend loves baby blue on me haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! It's funny how a certain color appeals to a guy most...even though they claim to be SO uninterested in nail polish :P

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)