Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Swatches of Untried Polishes!

Happy Wednesday! During the school year, Wednesday was my least favorite day of the week because it wasn't the beginning of the week, but also wasn't Friday. During the summer, though, I'm rather indifferent. I haven't had much to do during this week while my boyfriend works, but hopefully I'll get to see him before the weekend :)

Today I swatched 6 polishes I haven't used yet. They are all creme or jelly finishes, no glitter.

Orly Cotton Candy
Orly Cotton Candy
Orly Cotton Candy
Orly Cotton Candy
Orly's Cotton Candy is a bright, peachy pink crelly. It somewhat reminds me of Essie's Van D'Go, but much brighter and a little darker than Van D'Go. I used 3 coats for the photos above; the application was pretty good. Up until the third coat, there was visible nail line. The color is great & the name is really fun! It would look nice with a tan too :)

orly bon bon
Orly Bon Bon
Orly's Bon Bon is a light, grey-toned lavender jelly. This polish surprised me! I thought it was going to be a creme, but was surprised by the jelly finish. I like it none the less! It took four coats to reach this opacity above. The application was good, but using four coats is a pain. 

sephora by opi casting call
Sephora by OPI Casting Call
Sephora by OPI's Casting Call is a cool nude/mauve creme. The application of this was great! It was almost perfectly opaque in one coat, but I did a second to be on the safe side. I think this is a very wearable color, especially for a work environment. I think I'll get a lot of use out of this in the fall.

Jessica Barely Blueberry
Jessica Barely Blueberry
Barely Blueberry is from Jessica's Gelato Mio! summer 2012 collection. This is a gorgeous baby blue creme. Also, I liked all the names from the collection, and this one isn't an exception! It took 3 coats to reach full opacity, but it was worth it! I can't get over how much I like this pastel :). I'm a sucker for pastels, especially blue and purple pastels. 

Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl
Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl

Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl
Sinful Colors Beautiful Girl
Sinful Colors' Beautiful Girl is a more peachy version of a bubblegum pink. I believe this color is discontinued, but I'm not 100% sure. Beautiful Girl is pink with peach undertones, while Cotton Candy is peach with pink undertones. It took three coats for full opacity and the application was decent. It's a nice summer color!

OPI lucky lucky lavender
OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender

opi lucky lucky lavender
OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender
OPI's Lucky Lucky Lavender, from the Hong Kong collection, is a light purple leaning very pink creme. This nail polish is a dream! The application was great and looked wonderful after 2 coats. I had zero streaking and the coverage was even. I like it against my skintone and I can see myself wearing it anytime of the year!

I hope you guys enjoyed! & enjoy the rest of your week!
-Shelby




4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love all your swatches! The colors are so cute! I really like Barely Blueberry and Bon Bon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! :) I'm glad I decided to try a Jessica polish, hopefully all the polishes from that brand have great formulas, like Barely Blueberry!

      Delete
  2. Great swatches!! And OMG Bon Bon is a jelly? I must have this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure it is! It was really sheer and seemed to have somewhat of a jelly formula

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)