Saturday, June 1, 2013

Essie Summer 2013 Picks!

Hello again, surprised I'm back so soon? Well, I just couldn't stay away because I've been eager to try out a different camera for my nail photos and I am loving how great the photos are with the switch! Let me know what you guys think of the photo quality :)

Last time I was at CVS, I came across Essie's summer collection- full of shimmers and brights with nautical names. I couldn't resist and picked up 3. There's either 4 or 5 in the collection, but I passed on a couple of the shades.

Lots of photos in this post! All swatches are without topcoat.

Essie Rock the Boat essie summer 2013
Essie Rock the Boat 

Essie Rock the Boat essie summer 2013
Essie Rock the Boat

Essie Rock the Boat essie summer 2013
Essie Rock the Boat
First up is Rock the Boat, a light cornflower blue with silver shimmer. The shimmer is only noticeable in the sunlight, but I love the shade nonetheless! Its formula was decent; at first it was uneven and streaky, but 3 coats seemed to do the trick to create full, smooth opacity. 

Essie Sunday Funday essie summer 2013
Essie Sunday Funday

Essie Sunday Funday essie summer 2013
Essie Sunday Funday

Essie Sunday Funday essie summer 2013
Essie Sunday Funday
Sunday Funday is a bright coral/pink with the same silver shimmer that the whole collection has. The application was better on this one; it only required 2 coats for opacity. This color was really hard to capture on camera! In person, it's a little more pink-leaning. 

Essie Naughty Nautical essie summer 2013
Essie Naughty Nautical 

Essie Naughty Nautical essie summer 2013
Essie Naughty Nautical 

Essie Naughty Nautical essie summer 2013
Essie Naughty Nautical 
Naughty Nautical is a sea green/muted teal with the same silver shimmer. This may be my favorite from the collection because it's so unique! The application was similar to Sunday Funday and only required 2 coats. I must say the name drew me to it as well; I can't resist polishes with cute names!

What do you think of Essie's new summer collection?
-Shelby


13 comments:

  1. Photo quality look great! :) There all pretty fun colors for the summer. I really like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I liked the whole collection, all the shimmers were gorgeous :)

      Delete
  2. I bought the same three :) I've already worn Naughty Nautical as a pedi and Sunday Funday as a mani. Very fun and summery - your pics capture them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Sunday Funday would be a great pedi color too!

      Delete
  3. Please. I use my cell phone to take photos ... your photos look fine! :)

    I haven't seen these in person yet, but I KNOW I need Naughty Nautical in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I really like this collection. I picked up Sunday Funday and Naughty Nautical. I wore them recently together as a mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure they'd look really great together

      Delete
  5. I haven't decided yet, but I might go for Rock the Boat - thanks for sharing these swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a really pretty shade, you'll love it :)

      Delete
  6. I love Naughty Nautical...I just picked that one up. Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's definitely the most unique of the collection in my opinion :)

      Delete
  7. Great picks and swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)