Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Essie "Yogaga" Collection Swatches!

Hello! I hope everyone's week is going well :). I am leaving for Disneyland tomorrow with my parents and boyfriend, so I will be gone for the remainder or the week and the duration of the weekend!

Today I wanted to share four polishes I have from Essie's new collection, "Yogaga". I only have four of the six polishes because I ordered them from a seller on ebay in one lot (I only saw these same four polishes at my local Walgreens).

I used two coats for each photo below. The formula of these polishes was ah-mazing. I have no complaints at all with how each applied. Essie always does a good job with their creme-finishes polishes, but lately they've been doing an exceptionally good job!

essie
Essie Yogaga
First is the collection's namesake, Yogaga, a greige nude shade. This color kind of reminds me of a mushroom in a sense. I like the color, but I don't think it served its purpose as the main focus of the collection. This is probably my least favorite of the bunch, but it is a unique nude that is work-appropriate. 


essie marathin
Essie Marathin
Marathin is a dusty rose shade. I think this color is nice for fall, but is a little overdone and "safe". Though I do like the color, I feel like I've seen it a few times before. I also think this, too, could be work-appropriate since it is a subdued pink. Also, I'm not too wild about the name. I'm not sure exactly what message Essie is trying to send to women/girls who use their polishes.


essie pilates hottie
Essie Pilates Hottie
Pilates Hottie is a dusty lilac color. Oh, how I adore this color! I am a sucker for anything lilac/lavender. I think this color could be flattering on many skintones. It naturally is my favorite from the collection, but I am very biased towards purples :P. The name is also very cute, which doesn't hurt!

essie boxer shorts
Essie Boxer Shorts
Boxer Shorts, my runner-up favorite from the collection, is a periwinkle that leans very blue. In person, this polish has more of a purple tinge to it. I like this color a lot. I could see myself wearing it as a transition color from Summer to Autumn. 


Overall, I like "Yogaga", though I did feel that the colors displayed in the collection did not correlate with the collection's theme. Essie chose some beautiful shades and I like them, regardless of my previous comment. I would like to see the other two shades in person, even though I don't think I will be purchasing either (they didn't look as appealing to me online). 

I hope you guys enjoyed these swatches and I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly :)

-Shelby


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I truly appreciate it and I will get back to each and every one of you, promise! :)

If you'd like me to check out your blog, please shoot me an email, rather than spam my comments with your link! I'd be much more willing to check out your page that way! :)